Latest News Long

Current City Notices

Please note we will be updating our Facebook page regularly throughout the day. Please check here and City of Chapman page as we continue to develop plans. Thank you. 



4:00 p.m.

Click here for the inundation document from Dickinson County Emergency Management -> Inundation Document


Chapman Creek gauge at K-18 is at 21 feet, down slightly from this morning. Forecasted levels continue to drop. However, this model does not consider possible rainfall forecast for tomorrow afternoon, evening and Friday morning. New models are expected to be completed this afternoon and may show higher water levels.


Chapman Creek has now encroached on the east city limits. City staff are monitoring and will be taking necessary steps to protect water system in the event water encroaches water supply.


Smoky Hill River at Enterprise is currently at 29.9 feet up slightly from this morning. River levels forecast to continue to rise another 1.5 feet cresting Friday. Again, this model does not include forecast rainfall. New models are expected this afternoon.


Dickinson County’s road closure map now includes Rain Rd at 2400 Ave south of Chapman. Also, K-15 at Gulf just south of the Smoky Hill River. Other road closures continue to be added to the map.


KanDrive map shows K-4 closed at Gypsum


From the 2:00 pm briefing with DK Co Emergency Management

                3” – 4” rainfall possible Thu afternoon, evening

                Additional rainfall possible Fri – Wed


Residents living in the floodplain are strongly encouraged to have a personal evacuation plan. Floodwater levels may rise quickly and without warning over the next several days. City staff will continue to monitor and report as is possible but should not be the sole source of information for individual evacuation decisions. Water rescue resources in Dickinson County are minimal and not readily available in Chapman.


Chapman baseball and softball sign ups have begun, go to https://chapman.recdesk.com/Community/Home to register!
Please click on the link below to view an updated City of Chapman committee assignment list. Provided list will also give you meeting times for each committee, all in which are open to the public.
2019 Committee Assignments

GO GREEN! We are excited to announce that beginning May 1, 2018 the City of Chapman will start offering electronic bill statements! If you choose to receive your bills electronically you will no longer receive them via mail. Click HERE to print off the authorization form to begin receiving your monthly bills electronically! If you sign up, your first bill will be on or after May 31, 2018. Payment methods will remain the same.

Chapman, the Barn Quilt City of Kansas, made it into the April 2018 Kansas Government Journal!
Click HERE to view the April addition and check out page 4 for the article on Chapman.

Effective October 5, 2016 all credit card/electronic payments will have a convenience fee added to each transaction
ALL credit card transactions (in office and online) and monthly Auto Payments:
$0-$55 – $1.50 fee
Over $55 – 2.75% fee
Online ACH (electronic check) Payments (only available through the website)
$0-$500 – $0.99 fee
Over $500 – 1% fee

If you have any water pressure problems or water leaks, please call the city office at 785-922-6582.  If you notice the water leak after hours, please call Dickinson County Dispatch at 785-922-6211.

For business opportunities in Dickinson County please visit  www.dkedc.com